Coconut flour chocolate cake for P3
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 3/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sifted coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat or place jar in pan of warm water (note coconut oil easily melts and will congeal as it cools).
- Add cocoa powder and coconut milk and mix together. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, xylitol, salt, and vanilla. Stir in cocoa mixture. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk into batter until there are no lumps.
- Pour batter into a greased round cake pan.
- Bake at 175 °C for 35 minutes or until knife inserted into centre comes out clean.
This is made to be dairy free however you could use butter instead of oil if you wish.