Thai soup Ingredients:
- 100 grams of prawns
- 1 small stick of lemongrass
- Small amount of fresh ginger
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 260mls of fish stock
- 1/4 tsp xylitol
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Garnish of chilli, spring onion and coriander
Use organic where possible always especially roots e.g. ginger. Less toxins you are putting in your body and more flavour. A win win.
- In a pestle and mortar bash together the lemon grass, ginger and lime leaf. make sure it is well mashed and there are no stringy bits.
- Place in a pot with the stock and bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins to encourage all the beautiful flavours to come through.
- Add the xylitol and lime juice to taste (more or less depending on the desired taste). Thai food does use a bit of sweetness in their dishes.
- Add the prawns and cook through, approx 1 min. You will notice they are not translucent anymore.
- With your tongs place your prawns in a bowl and pour the soup over the prawns.
- Add the garnish and it is now ready to eat.
You may choose to use basil instead of coriander, or both. It is not necessary to put that about of the herbs in or spices in, you might like it with a little less. It is about individual taste.
As there is only herbs and spices in this, you could add a vegetable of your liking to your thai soup such as tomato or spinach.