Slow Beef & Brussel Stew
Makes 5 meals
- 500 grms chuck steak
- Beef stock to cover the meat in the crock pot or your slow cooking pot
- Salt – himilayan or rock
- 3 cloves garlic chopped roughly
- 2 med sized onions diced
- Cracked Pepper
- 3 tsps Oregano& thyme mix OR for a spicy twist add cayenne and paprika- amounts to your liking
- Vegetable – 5 portions of brussel sprouts
- Place meat in pot and rub in in seasonings, garlic, onion.
- Add in brussel sprouts if using them.
- Cover with beef stock (approx 1cm over).
- Put on low heat on the crock pot and cook for about 3-4 hours. If cooking with a pot on the stove make sure you are no more than simmering the water and keep a lid on.
- You will know when it is cooked when the meat is very tender and falling apart.
- Check your meat in about 2 hours to see how tender it is, if falling apart then take or turn off the heat and serve.
You could add crushed tomatoes or cabbage to the stew if you didn’t like the brussels.