Sea perch with fennel
Ingredients for Sea perch with fennel:
- 100g Sea perch (or any whitefish)
- Fennel (appropriate portion) cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tsp fresh ginger sliced very thinly or grated (your preference)
- Ground peppercorns
- Salt – I used black sea salt but any good quality
- Place the fish in baking dish (that has a lid for baking later preferably or you will need to use tin foil)
- Squeeze lemon juice over the fish.
- Place your ginger, peppercorns and salt over the fish and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours remove the fish from the fridge and place the chopped fennel under the fish.
- Cover the dish with a lid or aluminium foil and bake at 350F/175C (155C if fan forced) for 20 mins or until fish flakes a little.
If you touch your fish when you think it is cooked and it is still quite firm or fleshy feeling give it a while longer. When fish is cooked it becomes opaque and soft and you could use a knife to slightly open the fish to see the middle and it will easily give way.
Fish will continue to cook once it is out of the oven.